Theatre Persiani - Recanati
The theater is the theater of Giuseppe Persiani Recanati
In 1668 in Recanati they are represented comedies in a theater in the Palazzo dei Priori. In 1719 it was built the first theater with boxes, which took the name of "Teatro dei Nobili" and that scene got even by Ferdinando Bibbiena. In 1823, the standard-bearer Monaldo Leopardi, promoted the erection of an entirely new theater to be built on the course in front of the slaughterhouse. The theater was only completed in 1840 after countless hardships, the architect Tommaso Brandoni Recanati.
The opening night was performed the work of Vincenzo Bellini's Beatrice di Tenda.
In 1668 in Recanati were represented comedies in a theater inside the Palazzo dei Priori.
In 1719 the first theater with stalls was built, which took the name of "Teatro dei Nobili", and which obtained scenes even from Ferdinando Bibbiena.
In 1823, the gonfalonier Monaldo Leopardi, promoted the erection of a new theater to be realized on the course in front of the slaughterhouse.
The theater was completed only in 1840 after innumerable troubles, by the recanatese architect Tommaso Brandoni.
The evening of the inauguration was the work of Vincenzo Bellini, Beatrice di Tenda.
Restoration work was carried out in 1870 and in 1923 changes were made to ar place to opera performances. The excellent acoustics of the hall allowed prestigious posters. On the occasion of the centenary of the birth of Leopardi in 1898 Pietro Mascagni directed one of his "Poema Sinfonico"; Beniamino Gigli sang "Tosca" and "Bohème".
The Persiani theater offers a 465-seat dining room
acoustic quality, a large audience with 140 seats, three tiers of boxes
with 237 seats, the fourth order (gallery) offers 10 boxes with 42 seats and
a central gallery with 45 seats, arranged in two rows. The Theater offers
also the possibility to take advantage of a wardrobe with staff