A mix of fun and tradition
An old fishermen village with its historic centre located at the top among colourful alleys and houses, which goes down to the magnificent beaches of Numana Bassa and the port.
Awarded the European Blue Flag for its white sandy beaches, crystal clear waters and unique scenary, Numana is one of the most beautiful towns of the Conero Riviera.
It can be said that Numana has two souls: a picturesque one represented by the upper city “Numana Alta” and a lively one in the lower city “Numana Bassa” which runs along the seafront stretching up to the beaches of Marcelli.
A TARRACE OVERLOOKING THE SEA
The historical town centre of Numana winds along narrow streets and typical fishermen houses overlooking the sea. Thanks to its position, Numana is like a panoramic terrace facing the Conero Riviera coastline.
Going down from the city centre through the “Costarella”, an ancient staircase that fishermen used every morning at dawn, you can reach the city harbor. The lower city is more modern and lively, with many different clubs and bars to spend your summer evenings.
A TOWN RICH IN HISTORY AND TRADITION
Numana has its roots in the Neolithic era when the first human settlements were founded. Artifacts of this ancient past are collected in the “Antiquarium Statale”, the local archeological museum.
Another item of artistic and historical value is the “SS. Crocifisso” Sanctuary that hosts the miraculous Byzantine wooden crucifix which, according to the tradition, was made by those who removed the body of Christ from the Cross.
What to do? Numana ?
- PROMENADE AND NUMANA BASSA BEACH It connects the beaches of Numana Bassa to those of Marcelli. Very popular for walking or biking.
- TOURIST PORT With 800 moorings available.
- La Costarella One of Numana’s most typical streets. A long staircase that fishermen would use daily to reach the port.
- THE TOWER Ancient 14th-century Roman arch that was de- stroyed during World War I and was once used as a watchtower.
- the View from Roma Street
- Palazzo dei Vescovi It houses the Town Hall, exhibitions and events
- STATE ANTIQUARIUM
- SANCTUARY OF SS CROCIFISSO
- ROMAN FOUNTAIN One of the few remains of the old Roman colony and town hall.
- Piazza Nuova Immersed in vegetation, it offers a 180° panorama of the Riviera.
- SPIAGGIOLA BEACH
- FRATE BEACH
- BEACHES FOR DOGS
- Assessorato al Turismo Comune di Numana
P.zza del Santuario, 24
+39 0719339801 - firstname.lastname@example.org
- Ufficio Informazioni e Accoglienza Turistica
Via Flaminia angolo via Avellaneda
+39 0719330612 email@example.com
- Previsioni Meteo
Informazioni meteo su Numana