A seaside town in the Conero Riviera
A dip into colourful sea city with beautiful houses lit up in the daylight becomes a wonderful stroll along the promenade and an interesting nightlife.
Porto Recanati is a quiet and welcoming beach resort, ideal for families to spend a relaxing holiday.
Fully-equipped wide sandy beaches, a traffic-free seafront and local colorful houses make this fishing town truly unique. Walking through the streets and alleys of Porto Recanati you can stop to taste the local fish dishes in one of the many restaurants or go for a stroll along the main street “Corso Matteotti” and check out the many shops. During summer weekends the street turns into a pedestrian thoroughfare, and hosts antique and handicraft markets.
A TOWN RICH IN HISTORY
In the central square is the “Castello Svevo”, a medieval castle built as defense against pirates. Named after the tenor Beniamino Gigli from Recanati, the “Arena Gigli” was built in a large courtyard and in the summer offers a wide program of cultural events.
A few steps from the city center, you can visit an archeological site that revived the ancient Roman city of Potentia, testifying the origins of Porto Recanati as a Roman colony. In Scossicci, a suburb of Porto Recanati, you can also admire the “Chiesetta della Banderuola”, a small church standing in the area where the Holy House of Madonna stopped during its transition to Loreto.
Porto Recanati by bike
Porto Recanati is also characterized by extensive bike paths that run along the seafront and pass through the beautiful countryside to Loreto.
What to do? Porto Recanati ?
Porto Recanati Tour
- SVEVO CASTLE AND GIGLI ARENA Built in the first half of the 13th century for defensive purposes, it was later fortified with new walls. Its name comes from Emperor Frederick II, who in 1229 donated his lands which happen to be where the territory of Porto Recanati now stands. The Gigli Arena hosts events and con- certs under the stars in the summer.
- ART GALLERY
- Piazza Brancondi
- Kursaal Lido
- DOWNTOWN BEACHES Seaside facilities with every comfort, fine gravel beaches and shallow waters in the heart of the city.
- Corso Matteotti With large stores as well as handicraft shops. Always full of vitality, especially in summer evenings.
- CITY HALL
- LEPANTO PROMENADE A completely pedestrian promenade, ideal for cycling around the city.
- THE PINE GROVE AND THE BEACH
- MUSEUM OF THE SEA
- SCOSSICCI BEACHES
- CHURCH OF THE BANDERUOLA
- RESIDENCE BENIAMINO GIGLI On the summit of Montarice’s hills, built by the tenor Beniamino Gigli.
- Biblioteca Comunale A. Moroni Il patrimonio ammonta a poco meno di 20.000 volumi, distribuiti su 8 sale di lettura.
- MUNICIPAL LIBRARY A.MORONI The heritage amounts to just under 20,000 volumes, distributed over 8 reading rooms.
- Ufficio Informazioni ed Accoglienza Turistica
Corso Matteotti, 111 - 62017 Porto Recanati (MC)
+39 0719799084 - email@example.com
- Arena Beniamino Gigli
Piazza F.lli Brancondi, 1 Porto Recanati (MC)
+39 071 759971 - firstname.lastname@example.org
- Ente Palio Storico di San Giovanni
Corso Matteotti, 115 Porto Recanati (MC)
+39 071 9797 422 - email@example.com
- Biblioteca Comunale "A. Moroni"
Corso G. Matteotti, 139 Porto Recanati (MC)
+39 071 7591862 - firstname.lastname@example.org