A terrace in Conero
Potenza Picena is the quintessence of the Marche combining towns and countryside, sea and hills, ancient past and present, art and culture, agriculture and tourism.
The ancient upper city of Monte Santo offers a unique cultural-historical itinerary thanks to churches and historic buildings which host Italian Baroque works of art by important painters such as De Magistris and Pomarancio. You can admire treasures like the Town Hall, the Civic Tower, the Palace of Podesta, the “Mugellini” Theatre, the “Scarfiotti” Auditorium, as well as various churches.
We suggest you to visit “Villa Buonaccorsi”, an elegant sixteenth-century villa surrounded by a beautiful park with an Italian-style terraced garden and fountains.
A SCENIC VIEW OF MONTE CONERO
Walking through the beautiful public gardens, you will arrive at the “Belvedere Donatori di Sangue”, a scenic lookout better known as the “Pincio” which overlooks the Potenza Valley, the Sibillini Mountains and the Conero Riviera.
THE SEA BREEZE
The long wide seafront of Porto Potenza Picena overlooks fine sandy beaches and a clear blue sea. Thanks to the high quality of its environment, sea and hospitality, Porto Potenza Picena was awarded the European Blue Flag, the Legambiente Three Sails, as well as the Green Flag. An extensive bike path connects the centre with the countryside and the “Parco dei Laghetti” area.
Potenza Picena offers a relaxing and fun atmosphere so that you can enjoy the sun and sea.
What to do? Potenza Picena ?
Tour di Potenza Picena
- GALIZIANO GATE
- SAN GIACOMO CHURCH Built in the second half of the 14th century.
- Il Pincio One of the most impressive panoramic viewpoin- ts of the Region.
- Civic Art Gallery “B. Biancolini”
- CHURCH OF SANTA MARIA DELLA NEVE
- CHURCH OF SAN FRANCESCO
- Via Tripoli At number 26 there is a terracotta archway with symbols of a small Jewish community in Monte Santo (14th Century)
- Palazzo Buonaccorsi
- Palazzo Properzi
- MUGELLINI THEATRE
- TOWN HALL
- Piazza Matteotti The square is overlooked by: the Palazzo del Podestà, the Civic Tower, the Town Hall, the Theatre and the palazzi of some of the most influential families of the past.
- Palazzo del Podestà
- CIVIC TOWER Medieval style, rebuilt in the 17th century.
- FORMER CHURCH OF SANT’AGOSTINO
- SAN SISTO MONASTERY
- CHURCH OF SANTA CATERINA VIRGIN AND MARTYR The origins of the Church date back to 1280
- BRUNO GRANDINETTI MUNICIPAL PHOTOGRAPHIC LIBRARY
- CHURCH OF SANTO STEFANO It is the ancient church of San Ignazio.
- CHURCH OF SAN MARCO In Via S. Marco there is the medieval church dedicated to the Evangelist (13th Century)
- Corso Vittorio Emanuele II
- Palazzo Trionfi
- CHURCH OF MADONNA DELLE GRAZIE Located near Porta S. Giovanni, it plays an important role in the history of Potenza’s inhabitants.
- CITY WALLS
- MAREFOSCHI GARDEN Located a short distance from the historic centre.
- CHURCH AND CONVENT OF THE CAPUCCINI
- Ufficio Assessorato al Turismo
email@example.com - +39 0733 679262/18