A seaside town in the Conero Riviera
Right in the middle of Conero Park, the pearl of the Riviera. Walk through the medieval historical centre's typical "romantic" alleys.
Surrounded by the Conero Regional Park, the ancient medieval town of Sirolo overlooks the Adriatic coastline. Thanks to the high quality of its environment, sea, and hospitality, Sirolo is repeatedly awarded the European Blue Flag.
A PRIZE WINNING SEA
For over twenty years, Sirolo's white sandy beaches and crystal clear waters have been awarded the European Blue Flag and the Legambiente Sails.
We suggest you stroll along the beautiful beaches of the “Due Sorelle”, “San Michele” and “Spiaggia Urbani” beaches, where the white rocks of Monte Conero plunge into the sea, giving shape to bays and coves.
AN ANCIENT HAMLET
Surrounded by the Conero Regional Park and perched on a cliff, Sirolo is a beautiful seaside town, overlooking the Adriatic sea. Once Sirolo was a medieval fortified castle. Gates and city walls dating back to the 11th century are still visible. Walking through the quaint alleyways of the city is like traveling back in time.
THE TOWN SQUARE AS A MEETING POINT
Offering a stunning view of the Conero Riviera, the square of Sirolo is one of the most romantic locations in the area. During summer evenings it becomes the town's meeting place where everyone goes to enjoy an ice-cream or a drink at happy hour.
Culture is in the air in Sirolo. You can attend a show in “Teatro Cortesi” theatre or during the summer season at “Le Cave”, an outdoor theatre carved into the ancient pink stone caves of Monte Conero. Sirolo has its roots in the Prehistoric era when the Picentini settlements developed. Artifacts of this ancient civilization are collected in the archeological site “I Pini”, located in the Sirolo suburbs, just before “Coppo” village.
What to do? Sirolo ?
- la Piazzetta, the historic centre and the panoramic balcony The historic centre of medieval origin is nstled in the vegetation of Conero park. You can admire a panorama of the entire riviera from its balcony
- Curch of St. Nicolas of Bari
- Cortesi Theatre
- Urbani Beach
- San Michele Beach
- Sassi Neri Beach
- Due Sorelle beach
- Badia San Pietro al Conero Ancient hermitage dating back to the 1000s, at 450m. The Romanesque church, bell tower and ancient monastery that's been turned into Hotel remain today.
- Trails in Conero and Repubblica park trekking trails that start in Sirolo and lead to the Conero park
- Ufficio Informazioni ed Accoglienza Turistica
Piazza Vittorio Veneto, 6 - 60020 Sirolo (An)
(+39) 071 2513264 - email@example.com - www.turismosirolo.it